If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Monday, May 24, 2010

A Cold Salad on a Hot Day


Honestly, I made this a week ago when it was cold and rainy. Try menu planning in Minnesota. I've been grilling in the rain and making soup when it's 75. Ugh.

I normally don't post recipes that still need a little work, but this one does. It's a great base recipe, but I need to work on it. Taste and season well, I've included my suggestions in italics.


Sweetpea Slaw

Place in a large bowl:
2 packages of stringless sugar snap peas
2 cups matchstick cut carrots (or thinly slice in your food processor)
1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
One bunch of green onions, cleaned and thinly sliced

Mix and toss with salad:
4 TB seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
Juice of 1/4 lemon
2 TB olive oil
1/2 tsp salt--taste and increase if you wish
1 tsp sesame oil
red pepper flakes to taste


I think you could add any crisp veggie. Radishes would be nice. I'm up for your suggestions. It's really pretty, perfect for the heat wave we're having here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!