If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Friday, September 14, 2007

This Week's Five

Sight: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

I support library book sales and libraries in any way that I can. This book was purchased at a small town library book sale. Every once in a while, I need to read something that's just fluff. I thought this would be a nice, light read, predictable, but fun. And that's exactly what it was. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sound: Some Hearts by Carrie Underwood

I get a lot of grief for loving just about any music that I lay my ears on. On any given day, depending on my mood, I'll listen to bluegrass, folk, classical, rock, hard rock, pop, punk, Broadway, country--you name it, I'll listen to it. Catch me mad or having to scrub something and I might just be blasting Aerosmith. Need some energy, I'll pop in some Wynonna. Feeling sad, I just might look to Barbra Streisand for a little inspiration. This week, I've been tackling some much needed cleaning and organizing around the house. Carrie has been the best, sing-along-and-clean music I've heard in a long time.

Scent: Lemon scented ammonia.

It's 50 degrees outside and I've got the windows open, the music blaring, and I'm stripping my kitchen floor. It's really more ammonia than lemon, and my sinuses have sure got a workout! I'm halfway through the job and wondering why I decided to do this today!

Taste: Double Fudge Brownies

Touch: My new Baker's Edge pan!

If you love the edge cut of your favorite bar recipe, you've got to get one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!