If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let it Snow...Meringues!


Snowdrift Meringues

These wonderful cookies have fit well within my new, healthier lifestyle. At one WW point each, or three cookies for 2 points, I feel like I'm getting something decadent, sweet, and best of all: chocolaty! I'm sure these are going to be a staple in my home! Well, at least until I find something else as good!

4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini or regular size semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Beat egg whites until fluffy and soft peaks form. Add sugar, a little bit at a time, continuing to beat until all sugar is incorporated and mixture forms stiff peaks. Fold in vanilla and chocolate chips. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour. Remove excess flour. Drop meringue by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 30 minutes, switch racks and turn cookie sheets from front to back. Bake another 30 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN! Leave cookies in oven, shut oven off, and let cookies stand in unlit oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven, cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!