If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Friday, December 21, 2007

The Five

Sight

Celebrity Detox by Rosie O'Donnell

A great insider's view of The View, this book chronicles the tumultuous year Rosie spent on moderating the daytime talk show. It's interspersed with tales of her childhood and fractured bits about the biz. I especially enjoyed the insight about Barbara and Barbra. An easy read, yet thought provoking.

Sound

A Very Special Acoustic Christmas by various artists

Finally, a Christmas cd that doesn't make me want to hurl it out the window.

Scent

Fresh pine at the garden center. I spent a delightful hour this morning shopping at a local garden center at their "it's almost Christmas" sale. Hanging out in the greenhouse felt like a mini trip to the tropics.

Taste

I haven't even started any Christmas baking yet. Hopefully, tomorrow! I don't have much to report on in taste this week. We've been eating a lot of leftovers and, GASP, frozen dinners. I'd be much more frazzled than I already am if I was actually cooking meals!

Touch

Wrapping paper, sticky tape, and bows. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!