If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Salmon Kyoto


I can't take credit for this recipe, although I have tweaked it a bit because I didn't have all the ingredients. I updated the ingredients to reflect what was in the house last night! It's a delicious way to prepare salmon. Young One loves it. I hope you do too!

Salmon Kyoto

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon green onion, sliced--- I use 1-2 single green onions
1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste (in the Asian foods section) or use 1/2 tsp each garlic and ginger, minced
4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick) It makes lots of marinade, so add more if you need them.

DIRECTIONS:

In a zip bag, add all ingredients, except salmon. Seal bag, double check bag, and shake to combine. Place salmon in marinade, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or longer. I like to make the marinade ahead and freeze it, add the salmon as it's thawing in the fridge. Or you can freeze it with the salmon. You're going to love this, so trust me, make at least 2 (freeze one).


Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.


Remove salmon from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute. Set aside. You cannot skip this step or you will get food poisoning! You can just toss the marinade and not use it too.

Lightly oil the grill grate or if you're like me and don't want to risk having the salmon moosh through the grates--use a piece of heavy duty foil sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook on grill, covered for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with boiled marinade halfway through cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!