If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Star Spangled Morning

The alarm sounds. Showers for all. Breakfast. "I spilled strawberry jam on my shorts." Empty dishwasher. Load dishwasher. Shut off lights. Pick up a stray pair of socks. Toss socks down laundry chute. Teeth brushed. Last minute backpack stuffing. Coffee. Feed the fish. Coax the dogs out into the foggy morning. Bed made. Hurry. Rush. Where are my keys? Get your cello. Kiss the hubby. Wave at the neighbor. Making a left onto a busy road. Balancing commuter mug on the steering wheel. In depth discussion on the merits of the latest video game purchase. Drop off, gorgeous sunrise. Star Spangled Banner being played on a portable keyboard by the school flagpole. Stand at attention, hand on heart. Giggles. "Have a great day. I'll pick you up at 2:40." "Don't worry, I'll be there early." "Love ya, mom."

It's going to be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!