If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just One More Page

I've been telling myself that all morning. I have a lot to do today, but with just a few pages of The Book Thief left, I'm having trouble concentrating on the work at hand. This book has absolutely consumed me and, unfortunately, I've had little time lately for concentrated reading.

This morning, I rationalized that I could read until my coffee was gone. I stretched that out almost half an hour. "Yes, there was still some left," I kept telling myself. There's always some left, lining the cup, right?

Then, after working out, I fit in a few minutes while I uninstalled some software and tried not to curse at my laptop that has been limping along for several months now. Sick laptops should never be left without someone sitting at their side, right?

If I don't get dinner in the crock pot, then we won't have dinner tonight, so I must dash. And then, I suppose, I should, for quality assurance and appliance safety, make sure that the crock pot is heating. I could sit at the counter stools, with book in hand, and just wait a bit...

My book reviews are all over at Good Reads. So, if you miss them here, you will find them, and a great community of book addicts, there.

*If you haven't figured this out, The Book Thief is a must read. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!