If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Decadent Dark and Delicious Sippin' Cocoa


Decadent Dark and Delicious Sippin' Cocoa

This recipe has been in my recipe box for a long time. I take it out each year when I start to feel that chill in the air. It mixes up quickly and is both a delicious and thrifty alternative to purchased hot cocoa. It makes a big batch, so be sure to have a large storage container or use zip closure storage bags. You must mix very well. I have young one use a big whisk and he has a ball!


10 cups dry milk powder--use fat free
4 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups powdered non-dairy creamer



In a large mixing bowl, combine milk powder, confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, and creamer. Stir till thoroughly combined. Store cocoa mixture in an airtight container. Makes about 15 cups mix, or enough for about 45 servings.
For 1 serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mixture in a coffee cup or mug, and add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Top with dollop of whipped cream or a few marshmallows, if desired.

Without marshmallows or whipped cream= 3 points per serving. I find half the amount of hot cocoa mix works best for me, so that's about 1 point per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!