- add 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- dust top with cinnamon and sugar before baking or dust the pan after greasing with cinnamon and sugar
- add raisins and/or chocolate chips and bake in a 9x13 inch pan as a snack cake (check after 20 minutes for doneness) Sam's friends love this.
- make in muffin tins for better portion control, add streusal topping to wow and amaze your family
- use leftover (if there is any) or double the batch and use one loaf for bread pudding
- I LOVE toasted banana bread for breakfast. You need a toaster oven or use your regular oven, but it's yummy and delightfully different. The toasting caramelizes the bread. Top with orange marmalade... or not.
We always have unpeeled bananas hanging out in the freezer. We use them in smoothies, I bake with them (add to a cake mix, any flavor, with a little water and some egg whites and you've got a wonderful cake). They're a must have for us and a great way to use up the bananas that we don't eat before they start looking nasty. Freezing makes them look even nastier. No worries. The inside is just fine and the peel is the only packaging that they need to survive the freezer.