If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dear Skinny Chicks--The Sequel

Hello there Skinny Chick. It's been a while. And while you've been continuing to pass judgment on my appearance, I've been slowly, but surely changing it. I saw you today at the grocery store, checking out my cart and rolling your eyes at the Apple Jacks perched on top. "That's right," I thought, "I eat Apple Jacks." And I met your eyes full on. I don't really eat Apple Jacks, I mean, there's something so not-apple about them, I just can't do it. They're actually for Young One, but that's beside the point.

I seriously can't wait for the day that I just blend in. I mean, I'm not the size of someone that they have to cut out the side of their house to load onto a flatbed to take to the hospital for emergency care. I'm not bashing those people, I mean, that's a whole other issue. I'm just the high side of normal weight, 30-something woman, in the standard stay at home mom uniform of jeans and chunky funky boots. I know that I need to take better care of myself and I'm doing it. And although, you can't see it quite yet, I've made a lot of progress. And soon, maybe you'll notice me for more than just my size. I'm counting the pounds until you do.

So, take a moment to put your eyes back on yourself and your motives for being so judgemental. Maybe it's your insecurities shining through. Just don't let them bleed onto me! Because I'm confident that I can change what's wrong with me. Are you so sure that you can do the same?

I'm watching you watching me. I'll talk to you soon.

Sincerely,
A Fat Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!