If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Five

Sight

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

I needed a fluff novel to cleanse the mind after my last book, The Bridge of Sighs, which was long and a little more challenging. Anyway, this was great chick lit. I wasn't completly happy with the ending, thought it was a bit cliche, but it was an easy and quick read. Walker and Daughter is a fine yarn shop, owned by Georgia Walker. It becomes the meeting place for an odd assortment of women, who eventually become good friends. Their lives intertwine in interesting ways. It's a good debut novel for Jacobs. I look forward to reading more of her work in the hopes that she branches out and away from the expected.

Sound

The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac
Try not to sing along with this one. Makes me feel like getting some scarves and gypsy dresses and try to mimic Stevie's sway. Some of their early work is just pure genius. A great bargain on Amazon if you're willing to buy it used.

Scent

Krusteaz fat free muffin mixes baking. Cranberry Orange and Blueberry. I realized at the last minute that I needed 3 dozen muffins to take to the teachers at Young One's school tomorrow morning. They smell fabulous. I'll update the "taste" section here in a minute!

Taste

Well, the muffins are a hit. I baked mini muffin size, but regular size are very Weight Watchers friendly and they taste like they're not! Sweet, plump, orange spiced cranberries spike the batter like polka dots. The blueberry is delightful too, but you've all had blueberry muffins before! Nice to find something that fits so well into my new lifestyle and that is very easy to make. Just drain the fruit, add water to the mix, blend, and fold in fruit. Bake in greased muffin tins! FANTASTIC!

Touch

Pants in a smaller size! AGAIN! I'm so excited. I can wear a pair of pants that three months ago I couldn't even get the waist edges to meet together. That is such a huge non-scale victory for me, I just could go on and on. I'm really doing it! 23 pounds gone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!