If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Five

Sight

Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo

Russo doesn't disappoint with this novel. "Lucy" is the central character. A man both living in the past and trying to preserve it in his present life. His relationship with his parents is particularly poignant seen through both young Lucy and old Lucy's eyes. I've been absolutely engrossed in this book for almost three weeks now, reading it every chance I can get, and often falling asleep on it's pages as I read late at night. Got to get this one finished soon as it's overdue and the fines are building! It's a must read book and perhaps intimidating at first glance as it's quite lengthy. But, stick with it. You'll be glad you did!

Sound

The Original Broadway Cast's Sound of Music

Hubby took me to The Sound of Music downtown Saint Paul at the Ordway after Christmas. Not only did we have fantastic seats, but we had a fantastic evening listening to one of our favorite musicals live. I'll never forget it!

Scent

Chili

About once a month, I make my chili recipe and freeze it. We love it and it's a great low calorie, but filling meal. I'll post it asap.

Taste

Werthers Original Coffee

Sometimes the munchies just get to me, so I've found that having some hard candy around really helps. They last a long time and make me feel like I've had a really great treat.

Touch

The keyboard. I'm trying to get back into the mode of updating often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!