If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Five--minus Four

Okay, so I don't have time to discuss the five things my senses are experiencing right now, but I do have time for one. And that will be...


Sight

Keeping Faith by Jodi Piccoult

In typical Piccoult style, this story focuses on a controversial topic. Little Faith is having conversations with God, who she refers to as a She. That, along with the ability to heal people and experiencing stigmata has got this girl thrust in the public eye. So, is she for real? Or is someone putting her up to it? Hmmm. An interesting premise, I did enjoy this book as a relatively light read, but was a bit disappointed that Piccoult's signature twist at the end was absent.

Little Children by Tom Perrotta

Another somewhat light read, this one did get me thinking, although not as deeply as I thought. The jacket cover seemed to promise another sort of book. At times, the author's descriptions were a turn off to me. But, then again, he did weave a pretty good story. A convicted child molester's story is intermingled with the story of the suburban affair between a stay at home mom and a stay at home dad. I found the book compelling, but the ending left me a little let down.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!