If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Five

Sight

Escape by Carolyn Jessop

A peek inside the FLDS polygamist sect told from a very personal perspective. Carolyn was born, raised, and married in this secretive society. While not much of a writer, I did find this book riveting. While I knew a bit about this type of Mormonism, I had no idea the extent of the abuse and brainwashing that exists in this cult. Carolyn paints a very sad picture. One that got me thinking about how lucky I have been in my life to be born as I was and married as I am. And one that got me thinking that we need to fight more for these helpless victims.

Sound

The birds singing. It really is going to be summer soon!

Scent

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. It's a relatively light recipe. I'll share it soon.

Taste

Duh. The Crisp!

Touch

Gardening books. I'm working on so many outdoor plantings, my head is spinning! The books are keeping me organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!