If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

This is my Great Uncle Bud's birthday. Everybody has an Uncle Bud. That great guy with a country farm to roam on, a river to fish and play in, who always had plenty of firecrackers and smoke bombs, and taught us the greatness of a homemade potato cannon (in case you need to launch produce great distances). I have so many childhood memories of Fourth of July picnics at my uncle's house. HIs wife used to make homemade fried chicken and there would be watermelon and cake, plenty of lemonade and conversation. We looked forward to it every year.

I hope your day is filled with fun and memory making--and lots and lots of fireworks.




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Uncle Bud!!

    Fried chicken, watermelon, cake and lemonade sounds lie HEAVEN!!
    I love childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!