If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Midnight Fire

Our work as Moms is never done. Cross everything off the list for today. Reschedule!

Young One woke with a 101 fever at about midnight last night. Ugh. I'm so tired and I feel so bad for him.

He's been exposed to Strep, so that's probably it, but in the meantime, he's exposed so many other kids! Yesterday, he was just fine, so he went on a field trip and to Golf lessons.

I'll have to send out the email of doom to all the other parents. He doesn't routinely go about licking other children to spread disease, but I like to at least let them know. Better to hear it from the source than through the Mommy Grapevine.

I couldn't sleep last night thinking that it was Swine Flu. Sorry, H1N1 or whatever the heck we're supposed to call it.

While the media attention has died down somewhat, we've had our first cases and school closings here in Minnesota. I'd hate to have the kid who is "Ground Zero" here in our little community!

Off to the doctor. And then it's comic books and Lord of the Rings movies (and hopefully naps for both of us this afternoon.)

1 comment:

  1. I had to pick Jakob up today from school, he has a fever. There is always something going around. I hope he starts to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!