If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Chocolate Obsession

There are times when I become completely obsessed with just one thing. There can be no substitute. It's something I must have and nothing and no one should get in my way. Dramatic, yes, I suppose. But, if the ancient Aztecs could worship it, I guess I can too.

It's chocolate. And sometimes it's all that I can think about. Being on Weight Watchers and really trying to stick to my plan hasn't been as hard as I thought it was going to be. However, getting a real chocolate fix has been a challenge. Sorry folks, but a chocolate graham cracker isn't going to satisfy my cravings! Thankfully, there is a community of other WW devotees from which I can learn tricks, tips, and best of all recipes.

I discovered this recipe from one of them. I wasn't sure it would work. I mean, three ingredients and one of them is water? But, it did! And I'm happy to say, this recipe has more than satisfied my chocolate cravings. I'm looking forward to trying several variations of this recipe and I'll report my findings.

I hope you enjoy! The poster said it was one point for a piece, but using the recipe calculator thingamabob they have at ww.com it said two points. That's ok. It's worth it! It's decadent and delicious and you don't need to be on WW to enjoy it! Top with Cool Whip Free.

Chocolate Fudge Cake

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 14 ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
1/2 can water

Mix well and bake in a 9x13 inch pan as directed on the cake mix package. Serves 24. Cool and cut into serving size pieces for better portion control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!