If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Clearing out the Clutter

Does having a cluttered house keep you fat? This is something that Peter Walsh has talked about on Oprah and in his book Does this Clutter Make My Butt look Fat. I've got this book on my request list at the library. I'm curious to see what he says.

In the meantime, I will say that I've been sorting and clearing out clutter in my house in preparation for a garage sale. In the process of doing this, I've also been more mindful of other healthier habits. I'm working out harder and longer. I'm watching what I eat even closer. I'm looking to gain better spiritual and emotional health.

Coincidence? I'm not sure. I think it all goes hand in hand.

I'll review the book once I finish it. I certainly don't live in a garbage house like the ones that Mr. Walsh has addressed on Oprah. Recently I discussed how my house being a mess doesn't sit well with me. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Walsh is on to something, though. Maybe a light heart goes along with a light mind and a light house. Something to ponder.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. When we purge our houses, our minds and bodies feel clearer....better. At least for me!!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!