If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Seventeen Years Ago Today

I married my best friend.

D has been with me through thick and thin, literally and figuratively.

We celebrated last weekend alone, but tonight we're hitting our favorite little seafood place with Young One. We celebrate our anniversary as the birthday of our family. I wouldn't want today to be any other way.

Seventeen years ago, I was 22 years old. I weighed less than 100 pounds because I was so stressed by my soon to be inlaws and the wedding planning. I was young, a little naive, but never more sure that this man was the one for me. The wedding was just a formality.

We were married the minute we met.

I don't need roses. I don't need jewelry. I just need him beside me. That's all. To have this sure of a love is the greatest of gifts.

Happy Anniversary to us. Happy Birthday to our family!

1 comment:

  1. that was beautifully said and thanks for the goose bumps on my freshly shaven legs :)
    I hope you had a wonderful evening together!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!