If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm not a Twit


I Twied to Twitter, Weally I did.


I can't get into Twitter. Maybe it's because the past tense of to twit is a naughty word. I don't know. I think it's mostly because I just want to live my life and not type about it in three second blurbs throughout my day. I honestly can't figure out how people can do this except that perhaps they have styluses for thumbs and have mastered the fine art of cell phone domination while driving.


So, technically, right now I should be twitting that I'm typing. But, I'm on a roll here. The thoughts are flying and I just must get them down. So, should I twit, thus ending this creative streak and forever banishing all further witty words to that blank space in my brain?


Um. No.


I don't even think I'm going to remove my account there. Perhaps one day someone will stumble upon it and feel sorry for the sad person who couldn't keep up.


Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying real life, in real time.


Here are some cookies. Cause you should bake instead of twittering. Really.


Somewhat Healthy Cookies that Even a Discriminating (Notice I didn't say picky) Kid Will Eat

3 WW Points a piece, yes, that's a lot for a cookie. But, when have you found a chocolate chip cookie that tastes good and will still satisfy the kids in your house and you can eat them without doubling size of your butt? Hmmm? Eat while you're working out and maybe the point count won't even matter.


3/4 cup white sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter, softened (I'm going to make these again with light or Brummel and Brown and see what happens)

1/2 cup canola oil (could you sub applesauce. Damn, guess I'm gonna have to make cookies again)

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup chocolate chips--miniature would be great


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream sugar, butter, oil, vanilla, and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Add chocolate chips and mix to combine. Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake 7-9 minutes or until very light brown, the centers will still be soft. Cool one minute on pans before removing to cooling racks.



I'll play around with the changes I suggested. I think this is a great basic recipe and could do with a little twittering tweaking!






1 comment:

  1. GIRL your good! I haven't tried to twitter or tweet but I did inhale....once :)

    You should join Facebook. Its not as intense as twittering, or so I've heard. I see peoples tweet things on the side of their blogs and it makes my head hurt.

    Let me know if you join Crackbook, I mean Facebook!!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!