If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

In Gratitude






  • For being incredibly fortunate and having so much compared to many in this world.

  • For my family and especially my two boys, D and Young One.

  • For the ability to laugh together with family.

  • For my brother, who has hosted Thanksgiving I don't know how many years now.
  • And for D for helping me cook our own Thanksgiving dinner the day after, just because we want our own leftovers!!

  • For the Bald Eagles that circle my house almost every day. I never go tired of watching them.

  • For Young One's many friends. Listening to them play Rock Band has both made me giggle and brought tears to my eyes. They're growing up so fast, but yet still little boys. Love it!

  • For my mom's surgeon, who's talents helped mom go through her surgery without serious issues or complications. And for having her home before the holiday.

  • For my Grandmas, one 97 and one 84. They are like second mothers to me and also really good friends. I treasure my talks with each of them.

  • For my dogs. For their comic relief and cuddling just when it's needed.

  • For my simple, happy life.

  • For my wool felt clogs. I dig them out every year and just love the warmth they provide.

  • For my nursing education. Although, I'm not working, it still comes in handy almost daily.

  • For the smell of hot cider simmering on the stove.

  • For the week of school off so I could spend time with Young One after being away at the hospital so much.

  • For a gathering of friends.

  • For hands on, homemade gift making.

  • For a bit of peace and quiet and time to myself, before another busy time.

  • For the ability to write it out when I need to.

  • For the time of Thanksgiving.
There's so much more that I'm thankful for, but these are the things that just came to mind in the last five minutes. I decided just to let my mind wander and my fingers follow and this is what came out. I am so thankful this year.

Happiest of Thanksgivings to you. May you hold your family and friends close and enjoy this day of togetherness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!