2 (1-ounce) slices firm white sandwich bread, divided
1 teaspoon butter, softened
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon semisweet chocolate minichips
1 large strawberry, thinly sliced
1/2 small banana, cut lengthwise into 3 slices (about 2 ounces)
1 tablespoon pineapple jam
Spread one side of each white bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.
Spread pineapple jam over plain side of remaining bread slice. Carefully assemble sandwich.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Souper Easy Beef French Dip
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Warm rolls in the microwave or toast under your broiler.
Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.
- The "Busted" Egg: My dad named these, I think. Serve a fried egg or two with the yolks "busted" on toasted bread. You can add cheese, sausage, ham, or bacon.
- The Reuben or Rachel: Corned Beef or pastrami on rye, with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut, grilled.
- Cheese Toast: in a toaster oven or under the broiler, place bread with a slice of cheese on top. Toast until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Glorified Grilled Cheese: add bacon and avocado, tomatoes, ham, sprouts and tomatoes, smoked turkey, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, etc.
- Peanut butter and honey, grilled or cold.
- Open faced: poached egg, roasted asparagus, and fat free mayo mixed with hot sauce on toasted ciabatta bread; turkey, roasted red peppers, and Muenster cheese, toasted; avocado, sprouts, and your favorite cheese, toasted; sourdough bread, arugula or other spicy greens, thinly sliced roast beef, horseradish sauce or blue cheese crumbles; ciabatta bread, broiled portabella mushroom cap, roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese.