If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Celebrating the Milestones

A lot of people have suggested to me that I give myself goal gifts when I reach a certain weight goal. Sort of like dangling a carrot to help motivate your weight loss, I guess. I haven't been real good about doing this, but I think I'm going to start. Well, I know I'm going to start, because I bought my first goal gift last Saturday!

What was the goal? Well, the goal was to get refocused on my fitness and weight loss goals and to get over the plateau I've been stuck on for a couple of weeks. I think I was caught up in some excuses, that I don't need to go into here, but suffice it to say, I met those goals and then some! My weight the last weigh in was my lowest yet. I feel re-energized and more focused. I'm seeing some great progress and I'm really proud of myself.

About a year ago, I was at an art gallery with a friend. She and I looked at jewelry and watches made from vintage typewriter keys. I just fell in love with the style, but the price at the gallery was so prohibitive. I knew I could probably get an old typewriter at a garage sale for under a buck and make my own jewelry, but did I? NO! It was just one of those things on my to do list that wasn't going to get checked off.
I've been a huge fan or etsy for a long time, I'm sure I've mentioned it before.
Handcrafted items from all over the place. The categories are endless. I've purchased art, purses, and other beautiful pieces on this website over the years. Anyway, I figured that etsy might just have vintage typewriter jewelry and, of course, they did!

I purchased this bracelet from a delightful artist in Iowa, who quick shipped it to me. It arrived yesterday and I'm wearing it for the first time today. Her etsy name is Webbysue. Please check out her shop and support her cottage business!

Below is a picture of a similar watch by Webbysue. Mine doesn't spell out anything, but it's very charming and a fitting goal gift. Perhaps it symbolizes that it's about time that scale started moving, or it symbolizes the time it's taken me to get to where I am, or that every time I look at it I should think it's time to get moving! I will always treasure it and when I wear it, I will think of how much time has changed me and my mindset.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!