If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Craving without Caving


Got a craving? Don't cave in to it without finding a sensible way to indulge it.
When I first started Weight Watchers, I craved chocolate. No, it was bigger than that, it became an obsession. Surprisingly, chocolate didn't make up my daily diet BWW (before Weight Watchers). I was an occasional chocoholic, but it certainly wasn't that instrumental in me growing a big behind! Now, I'm proud to say I find a way to put a little chocolate into my life every day. It must have some secret compound, a yet undiscovered nutrient that is pivotal in the successful weight loss journey of some individuals. I just know that has to be it.
Some of my favorite bites:
  • Hostess 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes, frozen.
  • Chocolate pudding pops, either homemade or purchased
  • Tootsie Pops
  • Kashi Dark Cherry Chocolate Granola Bars
  • Fudgsicle
  • Chocolate Graham Crackers
  • Chocolate Overboard S'mores: Chocolate graham cracker, chocolate marshmallow (roasted), and a couple of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Hot chocolate
  • Chocolate Cool Whip sandwiched in graham crackers and frozen

The picture above is currently cooling on my stove top. No Pudge Original Brownies made in another favorite thing, my Bakers Edge Pan (for those of us who love the edges and not so much the inside pieces). As you can see, in my hurry to fill this chocolate craving, I splashed a ton of batter up on the sides of the pan! What a mess, but so worth it.

Simply mix with 2/3 of a cup of yogurt-- I've experimented with a ton of different flavors, coffee was fantastic, cherry made them like Black Forest Brownies, just use your imagination. Bake, cool. And I cut into individual servings and freeze for better portion control.

I take a couple out before dinner and top with ice cream or frozen yogurt, fat free Cool Whip, or drizzle with fat free caramel ice cream topping. Top with raspberries and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Or nibble on straight from the freezer.

Fills the craving sensibly and, most importantly, deliciously. If it doesn't taste fantastic, it's not worth eating!

I buy the mixes at my health food store or in the natural foods section of my big grocery store. The only thing I don't like about the mix is the bright colored pig on the front of the box. We chubby chicks don't need a pig riding around in our grocery cart with us and that bright colored box is really eye catching in the check out line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!