If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Waiting to Blend In


I’ve read a lot about what motivates other people to lose weight and be healthy. I have to admit that my reasons are many. Selfishly, I just want to be the best me I can be, physically, mentally, spiritually. You get the picture. But, there’s something else that I can’t wait to happen and when it does, will anyone else even notice? Probably not. That’s because this goal isn’t something that most other people will even catch at first glance.

I want to blend in. Do you know what I mean? I want to be just another “normal” size person in a crowd. I want to shop only in the regular sizes and not have to venture into the big girl’s section just because my boobs are stretching the limits of the fabric. I don’t want my first impression to be fat, big, chubby, overweight, obese. And with those first impressions come the second ones that we all know are inevitable: lazy, no self-control, overeater, pig, and worse, how could she get that big.

I want to blend in. There’s no number on the scale that will magically make this happen. There’s no measurement of inches lost, pounds lost, or new muscles chiseled. I just expect that it will happen at most likely a very surprising, exciting moment for me. And I will have to pause and revel in it, no matter where I am.

Watch out, I’m about to become just another face in the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!