If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Friday, August 8, 2008

In Gratitude

~For an evening alone, just when I thought I couldn't handle one more description of Guitar Hero or Spiderman 2, the game.


~For the ability to listen to books online for free through our library system. Oh, I love modern technology.

~For my sleeping, elderly dog sitting next to me. I love ya, Pip, especially when you snore and chase squirrels in your sleep.

~For abundance. We have so much, I never want to forget that I am very very lucky.

~For a husband who agrees with me that we can't take it with us and that we'd better spend it on experiences and not things.

~For a son who loves Guitar Hero and Spiderman 2 so much that I get to hear about it (yes, I'm feeling guilty about the first item on this list)

~For Stephen King. You scare the crap out of me, but listening to your book right now, I'm loving every minute of it.

~For my garden, my copper swirly sprinkler providing background music to my evening as it waters.

~For Wint-O-Green Lifesavers. First of all, your name is simply brilliant, and second, a candy that actually sparks when you bite it is just cool (go into a dark room with a mirror and check it out--I remember crazily giggling while doing this with some of my sorority sisters--oh, another admission that has a long story behind it!)

~For my fellow bloggers. I feel a kindred spirit. I need to write more than I need to be read. Thank you, though, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!