If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I've Had My Fill


We had a delightful Christmas, filled with just enough of the family to feel loved and happy, but not enough to make us tear our hair out. Know what I mean?

I ate too much, though. Too much of everything. I didn't mean to. Nope, that's not quite true. I did mean to. About a week ago, I had decided that to hell with counting Points and holding myself back. Christmas comes just once a year and all that nasty rationalization that we do when we overindulge.

I'm finally feeling, after five days of too much rich food, that I just can't do it anymore. I can't face one more reheated plate of Christmas leftovers and I couldn't put one more cookie in my mouth if I forced it in with both hands.

Eating like that makes me feel like crap. I can't imagine how people can eat like this every day. Did I overindulge like this all the time before I had my light bulb moment of starting a new life? Not to this extent, I'm sure.

There's a guy, I can't remember his name, but he was featured in Morgan Spurlock's Super Size Me documentary about McDonalds, who eats at least two Big Macs every day. He was recently featured on Yahoo News, why I don't know. Perhaps it's all the New Years Resolutions that are soon to be made. Anyway, I remember that any time I've ever had the craving for McDonald's Big Macs (and those times have been very few in my lifetime--we honestly rarely, if ever, eat fast food), I've always ended up regretting it. As in, clutching my stomach, moaning, and cursing the very existence of McDonalds. And drinking a bottle of Mylanta.

So, I wonder, these people who eat fast food several times a week, do they feel like I do right now all the time? I can't imagine.

So, it's time to get back on track. I'm tempted to throw away the rest of the leftovers, but the cheapskate in me can't do that. I guess I'll put them in the freezer. The cookies will disappear, I'm not interested any more. And when they're almost gone, I'll trash the rest of them. Why oh why I ever made homemade caramels is beyond me? The very thought of them nauseates me.

This feeling has got to be why New Years Resolutions are made. I just know it.

Bluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!