If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Friday, December 19, 2008

There's Nothing Better than a Homemade Gift--Citrus Salt


I think I'm sensing a theme here! I must need vitamin C because everything seems to be citrus flavored this year!

Lemon, lime and orange zest add bright, fresh flavor to gourmet sea salt. A great addition to any seafood dish from grilled fish to shrimp stir fry, and perfect for rimming margarita glasses too.

Citrus Salt


2 cups sea salt, grey salt or fleur de sel


2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest


1 tablespoons fresh lime zest


1 tablespoons fresh orange zest

Preheat oven to 225°F. Mix salt with zest and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 2 hours, or until zest is dry. Mine only took about 40 minutes, so check it often. Place in a food processor or blender and pulse until evenly mixed. I've only made this once, but I think next time I would just mix it all real well after it's cool and not pulverize it. Divide evenly and package in decorative containers for gift giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!