If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Rockin' New Year's Eve

Our house is rockin' this evening. Young One has three friends over and they're playing Rock Band in the basement Kid Cave. I'm alternating between laughing at some of the singing and crying because I'm no longer anything other than the ride and pizza provider.

In the past, we've always had a seafood feast at home on New Year's Eve. Going out is way too expensive and I hate being on the roads this night. We'd buy a case of crab legs from a restaurant supply and then share with friends or family. It was fun, but this seems like a new tradition developing.

He's getting older and I can see the next few years as filled with gatherings like this. Pretty soon there will be girls here too, I'm assuming. I told D that if they play Seven Minutes in Heaven with the girls in my laundry room, I'll just die.

We're enjoying some Chinese food, a movie, and some guilt free Internet surfing while sharing some smiles over the giggles emitting from the basement. It seems a lot of people are staying home tonight. There were tons of people at the grocery store and at the library checking out videos. I don't know if it's the economy or if people are like us, and just want to stay close to home tonight. It feels like we've turned a page. New tradition, same location.

Funny how life marches on.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys were having such a great night!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!