If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Breakfast of Champions


Once again, I got the eye roll from Young One when I was taking pictures of my breakfast. He just thinks it's hysterical and more than a little bit weird that I take pictures of food. And, when you really think about it, it is.

This is one of my favorite breakfasts. It packs in a few serving of fruit, a dairy serving, and some fiber. Best of all, it takes seconds to throw together and it's delicious. The Weight Watchers Points value depends on what kind of fruit, yogurt, and granola you use, so I didn't include the calculation for the bowl of goodness I pictured above.
I'm not even going to create a formal recipe. You don't need it, right? It's just a big bowl of mixed, fresh fruit topped with your favorite yogurt (I used Stonyfield Farm Organic Fat Free Lotsa Lemon), and a sprinkle of low fat granola. I think it's a rule somewhere that every breakfast should be accompanied by a huge cup of coffee or two. I'm not a rule breaker, in fact, I'm a bit of an overachiever. I'm working on cup number three right now.


1 comment:

  1. I love pictures of beautiful, healthy food!

    Good for you on your post-vacation WW attitude. I know it's easier (and much more pleasant) for me if I can be matter-of-fact about weight loss instead of emotional.

    Thanks for letting me read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!