If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Hate to Say I Gave you that Idea (But, I Did)

I'm always surprised at human nature. Nope, that's not right. It doesn't surprise me with certain folks. You know how there is that certain personality that has to discover things for themselves and could never consider something new if it's presented to them? Well, I know several people like that.


I come from a long line of people that have to be right. I'll admit it. I'm one of them. D has learned just to agree, listen to me vent, wait for the storm to pass and I'll guiltily apologize and move on. Mom always said it's the Scottish side of me, but she's not Scottish, that was Dad. And she's got the Right Gene too.


I mention the Right Gene because this little blurb has nothing to do with me possessing that characteristic. In fact, I don't even know why I mentioned it, except that it's something I haven't before. This Right Gene is battled daily and I think I'm winning. (!)


I'm a longtime fan of www.etsy.com. I purchased something from an artist listed there when it was just an itty bitty website that no one had ever heard of. I use etsy for gifts and to find things for my home or myself that are one of a kind. I use it for inspiration. I tell everyone I know to visit that site.


I know someone that handcrafts things beautifully and so, of course, I mentioned etsy to her. She was struggling with sales having lost space in a local gift store when they went out of business. Why wouldn't you want to join up? It's a great community and it puts your work out there to an international audience and it's just plain cool. Well, she hemmed and hawed and her answer was, "I've already tried the online thing. It didn't work."


Now to find out from another friend that she's listing there. Ugh. No, I didn't gossip with the other friend, I just said, "that's great!" (And I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart.) The next time I see my artsy friend I will congratulate her and I will wholeheartedly wish her success.


I'm writing this to get rid of the "I hate to say I gave you the idea, but I did" feeling. It's worth nothing for me to say it (kind of like "I told you so" is). And I really do feel better having hit the keyboard. It really does have to do with the Right Gene. I know. I know.



1 comment:

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!