If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Vitamin Bluck



I've got the blucks today. As in take a load of vitamins on an empty stomach and you feel like BBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK (insert your own sound effects here).



Anyone else get that feeling? I'm trying to be healthier. You all know that. I've always taken a multivitamin, calcium supplement, and I've added D3 because I'm a North Country inhabitant and we Scandihooovians (and Scots and Germans, and Czech--sorry, I'm a mutt) well, we don't get much sunlight in the winter. And our fair hair (I'll go to my grave swearing it's natural, don't look at my roots) and fair skin (or pasty, depending on the light), doesn't help.



I take Oil of Evening Primrose and I'm supposed to be taking fish oil, but the big capsules frighten me. I take medication for the neurological disease I have. Sometimes my twice daily pill popping looks like it could give Ozzy Osbourne in his hey day a run for his money. Mostly it's supplements, but still, who knows what that handful of pills is doing to my stomach.

Hence, the blucks.



I'm trying to get inspired to do more than bluck around on the Internet. One, two, three, go.


































































I'm still here. Don't see me.









I'm invisible. I'm covering my eyes.... you can't see me.












2 comments:

  1. Since the new year I've been really trying to take a multi-vitamin everyday, but I must admit I've recently given up. Not only do I find these GINORMOUS vitamins difficult to swallow, but I must (embarrassingly) admit I find them way to toooooo constipating (did I actually just admit to that?!). I actually asked my OB/GYN about this recently and she said it is due to all of the iron they pump into these little beauties and that after menopause we (that is "we" woman) will no longer need iron so this "issue" should go away -- great, so my choices are too either be uncomfortably bloated all the time or have night wets -- ah, the joys of womanhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take all my pills with yogurt and a small glass of pomagranite (I know I just butchered that word but I don't feel like getting up to check the spelling :) juice in the morning. Then I have whatever I'm having for breakfast. I get that same feeling if I don't eat anything and this has helped me!!

    YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR FISH OIL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!