If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snickerdoodles


Snickerdoodles! Fun to say and fun to eat.

I knew when I found the blog Snickerdoodles, that I had met a kindred spirit. You simply must visit. She's a talented writer, wonderful mom, and amazing artist.

I just won a give away on her blog and I'm thrilled. So thrilled, that I just had to bake some cookies in her honor. (We Weight Watchers gals are great at rationalizations.)

Here's my favorite Snickerdoodles recipe. Have these fresh out of the oven when your kids get home and you'll get some big smiles!



Snickerdoodles
Cinnamon and sugar dusted, chewy vanilla cookies. They won't last long. 2 WW Points per cookie.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

2 comments:

  1. you had me st HELLO!! My FAVORITE all time cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... the snickerdoodle! That takes me back to college, hitting Dough-Biz Cookies first then McDonald's for ice cream, and eating them together.

    Life was so wonderful before the calorie was invented.

    ReplyDelete

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!